- You are driving you LEAF in a suburban driving environment with either stop signs or traffic lights every quarter mile,
- From a stop you briskly accelerate to 30 MPH using only two or three "Dots" on the power scale,
- Now you are forced to stop for a sign or light so you let off the accelerator pedal and coast to the stop allowing your regenerative braking slow you down and put energy back into your batteries.
- You beat the SUV off the start because the LEAF accelerates faster (you dust'm!),
- The SUV catches up to you with a big roar and tries to zap you off the road with their killer high beams while you are coasting to your next stop.
- Now the LEAF and SUV are stopped and the SUV sounds off with a loud blast of their horn.
- The light changes or the intersection is clear and you dust the SUV again.
- You dust the SUV at 8 intersections.
- The SUV and LEAF get to the same place at the same time. Hey! We all have to stop as required. Right?
- LEAF eMPG = 110 MPG - SUV 15 MPG on a good day.
- Who got where first? Of course my LEAF and I because we were first in line. [NOTE: if they were before me, we would still get to the same place at the same time.]
EV owner always wins. SUV owner always frustrated.