Saturday, January 19, 2013

"Eco-radical interests??" What!

I was reading the following editorial from Investors.com They don't sell so let's make more?, and started to think; am I an "eco-radical" because I love my Nissan LEAF and can't stop blogging about it?  Well, I hope I am not "eco-radical", but I do consider myself passionate.

After that thought stream I started to realize there are a couple of things that can be done to increase EV sales, including, but not limited to:

  • Stop the naysayers who continue to preach and brain wash the American driving public to think battery electrics have too short a range to be any good.  So instead of being always negative, speak up the positive attributes - there are so many not to know any!
  • Educate Americans!  100% coal-fired electric generating stations are several times more efficient as gasoline engines and coal plants are constantly being monitored and are becoming cleaner.
  • Stop letting people get away with saying car companies are losing money on EVs.  So EVs may be a loss-lead for some companies, but for others they are covering their costs, they just are not showing a profit - there is a big difference between no-profit and not covering costs.  I don't think the big auto companies are going to go broke making EVs.  Besides, most people I know really don't want their hard earned income becoming someone else's profit - that leaves a bad taste in our mouths. [keep the price as low as possible - profit/earnings will come as more are sold]
  • Support alternative cultures!  Learn and support the EV culture, too many forget how devastating the "automobile" culture has already been to our planet - now is the time to start cleaning it up, we can't afford to wait.
OK, I'll stop because I am just rambling, but I hope my point has been made: create a positive culture for EVs and they will sell.   How did they say it in Field of Dreams?  "Build it and they will come?", there is something to that.

JS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and contribution.