Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My First EV was not a Nissan LEAF

My First EV was not a Nissan LEAF and I had to build it myself.

Seven years ago seems like just yesterday when I last parked my first EV, an eBike I hobbled together with a kit, few instructions, and some common sense.

Then was 2005. I was working locally for my current employer [a major utility in Metropolitan New York City].  Work was close enough that I could ride my bicycle, but at the end of a 10-12 hour day, who want to ride 6 miles home (and I live on top of a hill - a real bummer of a way to end a long day is cycling up a big hill).

The summer of 2005 was a blast! Each trip to work felt like I was in the Tour de France.  With just a twist of the throttle I was a world class cyclist (at least at speed, not grace).  I got great exercise, helped clean the environment, saved some bucks, and had a blast.  Would I do it again?  Well yes!  And, I have.  I drive a Nissan LEAF.

I love my Nissan LEAF.  I am glad to hear manufacturing has commenced in the USA and there will be several models to choose from.

Thank you Carlos Ghosn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and contribution.